Sunday, April 8, 2012

Grandpa Tyler's Cheese Pie

This is a companion post to my Grandma Eileen's Cheesecake recipe. While on the phone with my mom discussing the cheesecake I also asked for my Grandpa's Cheese pie recipe. I wasn't sure which one I wanted to attempt both have a similar flavor, the cheese pie is less sweet though. This recipe is a quick and easy recipe, no need for baking!

Grandpa's Cheese Pie

1 ready to use graham cracker pie crust
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 -1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 - 8 oz tub of Cool Whip*

Set cream cheese out to soften (30 mins). Whip with sugar, add sour cream and Cool Whip. Pour into graham cracker crust. Enjoy!

Dairy free notes
You could substitute the cream cheese and sour cream with dairy free brands. Cool Whip used to be a product that was safe for me but a few years ago they changed the formula to compete with another brand who claimed to be "real dairy".  I know a few generic brands still use the old formula, it's been a while since I've looked though. And I'm sure natural food stores have an alternative, again I just haven't had the need to look. Guess now I do! * I was not paid by Cool Whip to post this recipe

No comments: